Hornsea Community News

Some Good News

Hornsea Skate Park Review User Group Chairman’s Notes for Town Council Meeting 20th November 2017   With all large projects the easy bits are the engineering and planning – the difficulty comes with securing the capital to make things happen.  However, at the 11th hour the funding seems to have come together and all involved have helped to make this happen.  Everything is now in place: There is however one potential problem, this relates to a matched funding grant of £50,000 which is only valid until the end of March 2018.  If we fail to complete before this date the £50,000 will be lost and the project will be at risk.  A meeting has been organised with the Project Manager to explore the possibility of building a concrete skate park during the winter months and I will report his views to the next meeting. In the meantime we must adopt a ‘can do’ attitude, assume a positive outcome and I want to thank the many people who have helped to achieve this result.  Whilst it has been my name attached to the scheme we have only succeeded because of work by others; mentioned below are some of those who have contributed the most.   There are many others who have helped us get to the current position and I would like to thank all concerned and to say how pleased I have been to watch my teenage friends from 2000 grow into commercially active pillars of our society.  Hopefully we can give the current teenagers the same opportunity?   Now that we have confirmation of the ‘S106, Commuted Sums grant’ it is possible to continue with work to award the skate park contracts.  Currently our Project Manager, Keith, is working hard to complete negotiations with the successful tenderer, who has now formed a partnership and has merged with a company called Canvas Spaces Ltd.  Clarity of tender ownership and due diligence checks are being undertaken to complete the formal award of the main project works to the partnership.   The current situation is: Issued by Angus Robinson, Chairman of the Skate Park User Group 18th November 2017